Thursday, January 31, 2013

Winter ONEderland

      I decided for my daughter's first birthday I would do a Winter ONEderland theme.  She was born in December so I thought it was fitting.  Also, if I didn't do it now, I would never have the chance again.  I searched high and low for party printables but was trying to be frugal at the same time and came up empty handed.  I found lots of cute ideas on Etsy but didn't feel like shelling out the cash for them, so I made my own.  I live two hours away from my immediate family, so it was difficult trying to buy and prepare for a party.  With that being said, I can tell you I forgot a very important bag at the house and had no way of retrieving it in time when I realized I had forgotten it.  A HUGE MELTDOWN ensued after the realization!!  I finally calmed down and other supplies were bought.  You will notice in the pictures there are only a few printables on top of some cupcakes.  Almost all of the printables I worked so hard on for the party were in the bag that was MIA so I had to work with what I had.  Of course, no one at the party cared or really knew of all my plans that had become an EPIC FAIL in my mind but the party was great just the same!  Here are some pics to show my sweat pea enjoying her big day.............


Here she is blowing out her candle.

She is enjoying that cake!

Below are the desserts along with the decorations I used for the party.  It was a lot of work decorating the cookies and getting prepped for the party but worth every minute!


The dessert table.


Winter ONEderland birthday cake.


Winter ONEderland cupcakes.


Winter ONEderland cookies.



The monthly birthday banner.






No comments:

Post a Comment