Tuesday, May 14, 2013

DIY Framed Mirror

    I have joined the rest of the blog world in framing my bathroom mirror!  I had always wanted to do something to the mirrors in the bathrooms before I ever saw a post about this but when you rent, you really don't have much say in what you can do to the home.  I have seen this done many different ways and loved them all but they all ended with using liquid nails to attach the frame to the mirror.  I had pretty much given up hope until I spotted this..............


Does it really work and would it work for this project was the big question?!  The above Velcro is shown in black but they also have white which is what I used.  I followed the instructions here for the process to make the frame. (LOVE THIS BLOG!) Then when I was ready to frame the mirror I got out my Velcro.  This Velcro is very wide and it was too wide for the molding that I purchased.  Since some of the frame is seen from the back in the mirror and I wanted the Velcro to be hidden, I cut mine in half.  Then I was ready to apply the strips to the back of the frame and hang!  This process was a real learning tool for me.  I bought a miter box that came with the saw and cut each molding by hand.  Not much fun and very time consuming but it eventually got done.  This is why I don't have a bunch of pictures showing you the process at which I made this frame.  It was a lot of trial and error on my part.  But maybe this will inspire someone that was like me and thought they couldn't have a nicely framed mirror because they are renting. 

Original mirror


Framed mirror


Linking up here:






No comments:

Post a Comment