Thursday, May 2, 2013

DIY Growth Chart

   Another diy project that has gone around blog land is the growth chart for children.  I fell in love with just about every one of them I saw but was way too cheap to purchase one.  So I gathered up lots of information from various blogs and set out to make my own.  This was by far the easiest project I have done, mainly because I already own a Cricut machine and it did most of the work.  I went to Lowe's and picked out the best looking board in the size I wanted and took it home to get started.  The part I struggled with the most was whether or not to paint it.  So to compromise I bought the cheapest white spray paint at Wal-Mart and gave it a good coat all over.  I let it dry over night and then came back the next day and sanded almost all of it off.  I was going for a white washed look.  Next I used my Cricut machine to cut out each line and the numbers and then used my tape measure to mark where they would go.  Easy Peasy!! Now I have a transportable way of showing how big my little girl is getting!



 In the background you can see I installed it at the beginning of the hallway leading from the living room to the dining room.  Please ignore the Cheetos face.  She loves the hot ones! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment