Friday, June 28, 2013

ASCP Challenge Phase 1 and 2.....

    I have been dreaming of little fairies entering my home while I am asleep and repainting all my "in need of help" furniture!  To awaken to this would be the BEST. DAY. EVER.  But sadly I know of no such fairies.  I finally bit the bullet, the large bullet into my pocket book and purchased some anticipated Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  I considered making my own since it seemed simple enough but I love my pub style kitchen table and didn't want to take any chances on screwing it up even more.  I decided a while back I wanted to stay neutral with the paint colors so that I could accessorize like crazy and change them out with ease.  I started my search online on where to purchase these products and let me tell you, it was not easy.  I wanted to just order online but I had to find a local Mom and Pop place that sold the.  The closest one I could find with reasonable hours of operation was C'est Moi in Brentwood, TN.  If you would like more information please feel free to ask.  I bought the dark soft wax, clear soft wax, wax brush, one quart of Old White and a quart of Pure White.  Per the sales woman's instructions I mixed half and half every time I filled my bowl to give it depth, especially if I wanted to use the dark glaze in the crevices.  I finished the table and all but one chair last night before bed.  I still need to sand where some paint rand and I want o try the distressing look as well.  What I love so far is this stuff is so forgiving that if I am unhappy with something I did, I just paint back over it.  I still have yet to decided which direction I want to go in with fabric for the seats too?!  Decisions, decisions........  Here are a few few pics until next time.  Thanks!





Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will have conquered the glazing and have styled and eaten in my new dining room!!  Thanks!

Linking to these parties:






No comments:

Post a Comment